Saturday, 10 October 2015

I can resist everything.........

.......Except Temptation said Oscar Wilde. I have to say I can't argue with him. Hope today's post finds you all busy crafting and creating.  Here is my third entry into Fall in love with art journaling - fall challenge.
  





The third challenges topic for those that aren't following it, is Irresistable or resist (maybe I should have done Irresistable and painted a bar of chocolate!).  I went for the resist option. I have seen the Oscar Wilde quote before, in fact I had noted it down as one to use in my journal at some point so when it appeared on the prompts list, I had to use it.  

To start I painted the page with white and brushed pewter Distress Stains, once dry I used Primas Finnabair's trust the magic set of stamps and using the doily shaped stamp and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I wanted both the white and silver to come through under the stamp and it sort of worked, I think I probably got a bit carried away and should have left the stain to dry off a bit more before applying another coat, as it wasn't quite as vivid as I had hoped.  
I then stamped the "Finn" image stamp in the corner with archival black ink and sprayed with wild honey and spiced marmalade distress stain sprays, popping my finger over the face so that it stayed white.  Once the sprays had dried and this time i did wait honest! I re-sprayed again using the same colours. Once dry I then wiped the embossed image to reveal the white and silver resists. The archival also acts as a resist and you can see this as the heart took the colour.  I used stencils and distress ink to add some background.  I used Tim Holtz Kraft resist letters to make up the word resist and printed off the rest of the quote. Painted the letters with picket fence distress stain and when dry sprayed with peacock feathers spray.  Finally I used black and white charcoal pencils to edge the words and add some depth to the images and to the stencilled background.

As usual please do let me know your thoughts.  Hope you all have a crafty weekend
Debs
Xx