Wednesday, 16 September 2015

With Shades of Midnight Blue - A canvas

Hi All

Hope everyone is having better weather than we are here in East Kent, its been positively awful!  Anyway there is nothing better to cheer you up on a grotty day but a spot of crafting  My son had asked me when he came home from uni at the beginning of summer if I would make him a canvas to take back.  So nothing like leaving it till the last minute with only a week to go he instructed me on what he would like.  His remit was quite simple  he wanted graduations of blue with shards coming out of one edge or corner.

So this is what I made him



He was very pleased with it, but as he left all his packing till the day before we left and still hadn't completely finished on saturday morning when we were leaving he left it on my craft table!!  My daughter is dropping it off on her way back this weekend lol!!


I started with an 8x8 canvas, some dry wall tape, corrugated cardboard, a die cut Tim Holtz clock, Tim Holtz Family (which didn't get used) and embossed three Tim Holtz playing cards and  three old paint brushes.  I stuck it all down


Added some texture paste through stencils and some embellishments.  


Covered the whole lot with black gesso and then added on a coat of Fresco Finish Inky Pool as this is a translucent paint it works really well with the gesso  you can see a bit of inky pool inbetween the paintbrushes.

This picture was taken after I had covered it in distress paint, here i used the new Blueprint Sketch highlighted with faded jeans and broken china, but this was a bit bright so out came inky pool again and i added some more texture.  To achieve the final look I added some Treasured silver.  

Thanks for popping over and as always do please let me know your thoughts, all comments good or bad are appreciated.

Happy Crafting
Debs
xx