Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Trust the Magic! Finnabair stamps, Distress paints

Hi All

Hope you are all having a good week.  A couple of months ago I started a journal page using the new Finnabair Trust the Magic Stamps I had just received.  I had just collected the Twisted Citron (keep calling it Twisted Sister but that's just showing my age and taste in music lol) Distress paint and decided to have a play with it alongside the Mermaid lagoon!  It was lovely!! I used a brayer to add the paint to the pages.  I really love the way the colours blend into each other!

I stamped the main image and the word stamps from the set onto tissue paper and stuck them on the page. Popped some white paint, (sorry can't remember now if it was picket fence or Fresco finish snowflake) onto my craft mat and then onto a stamp and randomly stamped a couple of the doily stamp across the page.  I added some Prima Art basics graphite texture paste through the brick crafters workshop stencil. Added some green seed beads and a flower made from tissue and the heart stamp again from the set and left it at that.  I knew it needed something just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

This morning it came to me I knew what it needed!  Out came the Grunge Paste - goodness I do love that thick gooey loveliness!  Popped some through a doily crafter workshop stencil randomly around the page.  Added some more brickwork lol!!  Added a painted and red embossed heart to the main image and then once dry added twisted citron and mermaid lagoon paints over the top of the grunge paste.  Now I can happily say it's finished..


As always do let me know your thoughts.  Have a very crafty week

Debs
xx