Tuesday, 21 July 2015

An Altered Clock PaperArtsy Challenge #13 Time

Hi All

Something a little different for me today.  I love the PaperArtsy challenges and i have been a bit too busy lately to enter any.  So when I saw the latest challenge was Time and I had an old clock of my sons that i had promised him i would do something with, this seemed like the ideal opportunity especially after seeing Joanne Allisons altered clock!



I decided to immediately put all cleaning on hold till tomorrow, ideas were forming quickly and they really couldn't wait!!  As my sons clock was originally an old blue chelsea football club clock it was going to need a good paint!  I had already decided it was going to have a black base, so out came the Black soot Distress Paint. I covered the whole of it with the paint and made a coffee whilst it was drying.  As I hadn't put any gesso on the clock I wasn't sure how quickly it would dry, i needn't have worried it was really quick!!



I popped on another a coat and whilst that was drying got out die cut Tim Holtz Weathered Clock Die and cut it out of grunge paper.  That won't fit I  hear you shout, no it won't, but it will if you cut the roman numerals out and stick them around the outside of clock.   After the second coat had dried I noticed that the original numbers were still showing, excellent I thought i don't need to guess where to put the numbers now!  Stuck them down and then added some dry wall tape and added a touch of brushed pewter to the hands.  Added some grunge paste through Crafters Workshop mini harlequin stencil and added another coat of black all over. 




Whilst this was all drying I got out my metal embellishments and selected everything with a clock theme, cogs, clocks, watch faces and watch pieces then stuck them to the clock, painted them with black gesso and once again covered them all in another coat of paint. 



Once this was dry I painted the numbers in brushed pewter and added some Treasured Silver to highlight and finish around the embellishments and around the sides of the clock and also onto the numerals.



I hope you like it and as always do let me know your thoughts! Unfortunately the treasured silver doesn't show up terribly well on the photo.

Thanks for popping by, take care.

Debs
xx