Thursday, 11 June 2015

Color Bursts and PaperArsty stamps

This weekend my husband and I and some friends are off to London for the weekend.  We share the same wedding anniversary and we always used to do something together around our anniversary. This usually involved the kids as they were all much younger then.  This year we are leaving all the kids behind (well mine are 21 and 19 lol), and just the four of us are off till Sunday.  As I hadn't got round to making them a card in time on the day. I thought it might be nice to make a quick one this afternoon.  So here it is

 
A close up of the birdcage, so you can see how the colours looked.
 

The tag was made first and I started by stamping and embossing the birdcage stamp, once the embossing had cooled I squirted on a couple of squirts of path alto green and blue color burst. And then spritzed it lightly with water.  The birdcage itself came out much better than I had hoped. The rest of the background was done by squirting on a tiny bit of green and blue adding water using a mister bottle and also using some cut and dry sponge and blending it all over the rest of the tag.  There was some residue left on my craft mat and I picked this up with the sponge and went around the outside edge.

Once the colour was completely dry, which meant walking away and leaving it, as I had already embossed the birdcage I didn't want to risk melting the embossed image by heating it with my heat gun. I used the new ranger embossing dabbed through the crafters workshop harlequin stencil and used white embossing powder.  It doesn't really show up in the photo but there is sentiment stamped and embossed in silver.  I then added a small circle stamp randomly around the tag with jet black archival ink.

The background of the card was done using the sponge and residue again.  Adding more water to tone the colour down - which is why it's looking a tad curly!!  It needed something else once dry I stencilled mermaid lagoon distress ink through the harlequin stencil again.

Hope you like it and as always do let me know what you think, your comments are all very gratefully received.

Have a good weekend
Debs
Xx