Wednesday, 10 June 2015

A Quick Card with a Double Purpose

Hi all

Sorry its been a while, things have been a bit manic here at Smith towers,  I have been making a scrapbook for a friends daughters 30th birthday.  It took a bit longer than I anticipated, I had a few little hiccups along the way!  The finished scrapbook was safely delivered on Sunday, so life can return to normal - well as normal as it can be here!

Here is a quick card shown on The Artistic Stamper today.



The background was painted with Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise paint, these new paints from Dylusions are lovely to use its like painting with coloured chocolate, each time i pop a bit out onto my craft mat i want to dip my finger in and lick it!!  I used a dry brush and covered a piece of card with the Vibrant Turquoise and used some orange paint on a separate piece of card.  The orange piece was used to stamp the heart from the stictchels set on it and cut them out.

The background was made up with some stamps i had in a grab bag from The Artistic Stamper.   The Love mask was from the 6x6 word stencil from The  Artistic Stamper.  The small words were stamped onto card I had painted with Fresh Lime Dylusions paint and are from the journaling mini words set and each word was cut out.  The hearts after they had dried were coated with embossing ink and wow clear powder and heated!  I was hoping to use Glossy Accents but i was running out of time so I decided that would be the quickest option.

Well have a good week and I will see you all soon.  As always please do leave your comments

Take care
Debs