Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Indigo blu Glitz and Glamour challenge


Well here it is my entry into The Indigo blu challenge and what a challenge it was, everything that could go wrong with this did, which is why having started it yesterday afternoon I have only just finished it!  I don't normally go for glitz in any shape or form unless its Christmas or for a special occasion so it made quite a change stepping outside the box! Probably why it proved so challenging lol!!

Firstly the masking idea (original plan was to emboss Ella Bella and then mask her and stamp Blazing Poppies, (but a raised image and a mask well best not go there eh) needless to say this didn't work so in frustration decided to over-stamp (and was actually quite pleased with the results).  Then when I started colouring the flowers on the original version I realised too late that I had stamped in Archival instead of Memento, not a problem usually but a  big one when you are using flexmarkers!!  The ink bleeds into the pen and makes a right royal mess!!  So today I started afresh!  I stamped in Memento let it dry, coloured and let it dry, as I wanted Ella Bella to be a nice crisp embossed image.  It worked!! My patience today paid off - I hope you agree!  I wouldn't normally have over-stamped I would have carried on trying to mask but the effect that i got with the poppies being seen in her hair i felt added to the overall effect.

I have used three different stamps here as you can see, the background is blazing poppies, over-stamped and embossed with Ella Bella and the quote is from the Take the Time set.  I have masked the background using mini chicken wire and mini chicken wire reversed from The  Crafters Workshop using shaded lilac distress ink.

Hope you like todays efforts am off now to either play journalling or start another challenge!! Hopefully whatever I do will be a bit less traumatic lol!!

Thanks for looking, and as always do let me know what you think.

Debs
xx