Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Craft Stamper Take it Make it Challenge - Take a Stamp


This is my entry for Craft Stampers Take It Make It Challenge.  This Tag really was one of those happy accidents,  I had initially decided to do something completely different and had put gesso onto the background with a Prima, Peonies and poppies stencils.  It didn't quite work out, so not wanting to waste a tag, I painted over it with Lilac Fresco Finish paint and using some sequin waste as a mask dotted on some Mermaid fresco finish with a sponge.   The result once it was all dry made a really nice textured background.  The background script stamp is one from the Pink Paislee Nantucket set.  The flowers are from Chocolate Baroque's Punky Flower set coloured with flex markers.  The stamp at the bottom and the words are a Craft Stamper cover stamp from a while ago, it's one of those stamps I use quite a lot as its so versatile.  



I must confess (as I am feeling huge pangs of guilt) that this tag is one I did a while ago but kept hold of as I didn't want to spoil it by putting it onto a card with the wrong background.  I had sat at my desk to create something for this months challemge thinking I had another day before entries closed, just double checked the rules and thought oops!!. So rather than rush something I thought I would enter this one.  I really like it and it's been hidden away for a while. 

Hope you agree with me and like the outcome, and as always please leave your comments - good or bad 

Thanks for looking
Debs
Xx