Thankfully the cover came off the main diary which made it so much easier. Firstly I covered it in a layer of fresco finish Bora Bora paint. Not quite sure why just seemed a good idea at the time!!
Then once that was dry I added some stencilling with grunge paste
So far so good I thought, and that's were I left it, I made some die cuts and found some Tim Holtz letters and stuck them all on with multi medium. Then I couldn't decide whether to carry on with paints or get the distress inks out. So I left it alone to dry. Today I decided to carry on with it. I am so glad that I had left it as it gave me a chance to think about what else I could do with it. I decided to put a layer of gesso over it mostly on the die cuts as I had just cut them out of Kraft card I had some clay flowers on my desk that I had made last week and again after sticking covered with gesso.
Then I got the sprays out!!!
With the diary back inside
I used Dylusions lemon zest and London blue to start with and the colours mixed themselves up really nicely without adding any water to them. Spritzed a bit of Dylusions melted chocolate on. Then topped it all off with a bit of treasure gold, using classic, sapphire and onyxite. It has taken a while to dry as obviously being plastic I couldn't put the heat gun on it for too long.
All I am hoping now is that nothing falls off ;-)
Thanks for popping over to have a look and as usual do let me know what you think good or bad!