Tuesday, 25 March 2014

Has it really been a month!! Distress paints and Paper Artsy Grunge paste came out for this one!

Oh my goodness, I didn't realise it was a month ago I put up my last post!  It's been a bit manic here In Shanghai and although most of the time we have quite good Internet, this month seems to have been full of Internet gremlins.  Firstly the Astrill server went down - this is a VPN site without which I wouldn't be able to see or post any blogs at all!!  Then just lately our Internet has been playing up and taking ages to load pages let alone upload a photo or two!!

Anyway apart from a trip to Korea for my husbands boss's wedding (which was lovely) I have been busy filling orders, having a general play, painting (well trying to) and exploring.  If anybody ever has the chance to visit Shanghai a must see is Yu Yuan it's the old part of town and is beautiful, however it all has what are called the commodities markets and the other day I found one that I didn't know exisited, - well I was in heaven, journals, notebooks, scrapbook papers, a few stamps and some general crafting stuff!!  I ended up with a friend visiting two shops and we were there for three hours!!  Below is the first pages of my new journal - the paper is a bit thin but it's such a thick book I glued a couple of pages together ;-). It has lined paper, plain paper and black paper all in one lovely wire bound hard backed journal cost £2 approx!

Anyway I digress, I just wanted to have a general play with this page, I was trying out some techniques with gesso and using my brayer with distress paints!!


I used gesso to prime the page, the paper was too thin not too!! Then I stenciled on the joggles flower stencil and the crafters companion mini roman lettering.  Then after I brayerd picked raspberry, spiced marmaled with a bit of scattered straw. Once it was dry I sprayed a bit of dylusions lime green. Stamped the dangly bits which I coloured with H2os and the sentiment really said how I was feeling last week!!  It still needs a bit more of something on it but as I can't decide it's going to be a work in progress!!