Monday, 31 March 2014

Chocolate Baroque stamps, distress stains, plus a few other bits!!

Hi

Today's post is a bit of random card.  It was for my friends husbands birthday, it needed to be a bit different as every card I have given them has been given it's own shelf in their bedroom!!

So I decided to have a really good old play.  I took my steampunkery stamps from Chocololate Baroque! And took the airship stamp out and coloured using a paint brush and mixing bronze distress paint with some brushed courdroy stain, for the wood part of the boat.  For the sails I used a mix of stormy sky, salty ocean and then added a tad of sapphire treasured gold!  I stamped it twice as I wanted to make sure that the sails gave a real feeing of being blown in The wind.

The background was done by swooshing some card in stormy sky and salty ocean again.  I mixed some grunge paste with a tad of salty ocean and then pushed this through crafters workshop mini tile stencil and then once all that had dried, I got a cog border stencil out and sponged walnut stain paint through it, just to balance the colours out a bit.

Finally I mounted the airship on 3D pads and stuck that on the card just moving off of the backing on to the plai white card.  Then with some more antique bronze distress paint covered another small piece of card and stamped the sentiment!!

And here it is
Thanks for looking and as always do let me know what you think.
Debs