Sunday, 9 February 2014

Tim Holtz Distress paint, inks layering stencils and Kaisercraft stamps!

After a few days away at the Harbin ice and snow festival here in China, which is why the lack of postings this week!!  It was a bit cold up there but well worth a visit.  If anybody would like to see pictures let me know otherwise I won't bore you!!  I was in the need to get on, with my sons and best friends birthdays both on the same day and in a couple of weeks - this means two cards and a scrapbook (it's my sons 18th!)

This card needed to be really special as it is for my best friend, fortunately she doesn't know I have a blog yet, so I can put it on.

I first used scattered straw and pickled raspberry distress paint and layering stencils for the background of both the main card and the tag.  This then acts as a resist against the distress inks. Then used just scattered straw, rusty hinge and peacock feathers inks to blend in the background.  Once I had done that, it still needed a little more dimension so used the sunburst layering tag with spiced marmalade paint over the top.  The sentiment was stamped in pickled raspberry paint as the mini dots in the background were.

The damask background was just clear embossed and stamped with Tim Holtz damask stamp and then I used peacock feather stain over the top! I used some Chinese handmade paper at the back and stamped and embossed the letters and numbers onto a separate sheet and then cut and stuck!!

Hope you like it as much as I do.  I will hopefully be posting more this week!