Monday, 20 January 2014

Chocolate Baroque moonlit Waterfall stamps and Gelatos

I love this set of stamps, I suspect partially due to the fact that I live in Shanghai and so appeal because of the oriental nature of the stamps but also because there are so many ways to colour in the main image and each time it will look different.  On this card I used Gelatos, if you have not heard of them before they are mad by faber-castell and are a really creamy texture a little bit like a crayon that has been left out in the sun!! Only better!  They blend so nicely with each other and on their own so you can build colour up to add dimension to your piece by just adding a bit more colour.  I was really happy with the way this card turned out, especially the way the rock face to me seems to be casting a shadow from the sun! I was just playing around to see if it would work - expecting a muddy mess - which is what normally happens, but it didn't! Do let me know your comments.
All the stamps are from the Moonlit Waterall collection except the sentiment which is from a DoCrafts Papermania Lucy Cromwell set from a couple of years ago.