Thursday, 9 January 2014

Chocolate Baroque Butterfly and Poppy Collage Stamps, Gesso and Distress paints.

For this card i took a piece of linen card and cut it down to a 13cm x 18cm card.  I then took one of the new Tim Holtz tag masks - hesian and some black soot distress ink and made a background by masking off the outer edge of the card.

The main image of the card was stamped onto a piece of card i had covered in gesso to give it a bit of texture and it helps to make the paint more vivid.  I used the paints in a similar way to Distress inks using the sponge on the paints to paint in the background but also using some cut and dry foam to  spread it around a bit more. Then i sprayed it with some perfect pearls mists - I am really getting into my sprays at the  moment and am eagerly waiting for some to arrive.  Might take a couple of weeks but once they have arrived you can be sure that there will be inky backgrounds aplenty appearing!!

Once the background had dried completely and this is essential for this to work properly, as if you don't wait for it to dry you will end up with embossing powder over the whole piece of card - I know I have done it before!! I also rubbed an stamp buddy over the top - it does help to keep those stray embossing powders at bay!!  I inked up the main image with versa mark ink, stamped and embossed with black embossing powder i use Ranger as it is nice and fine, (i am waiting to try out the Wow powders)  then used the corner of the stamp to offset the corner of the card added a butterfly and stamped and embossed in the same way.  The flourish in the other top corner and the sentiment are both stamped in Archival Jet Black this I thought gave the image some dimension.  A touch of black soot distress ink round the outside edge of the card and then glued to the card blank.  Hope you like it.